In The News
Our books have won quite a few awards. Learn more on our awards page.
For the latest news from Willow Bend Publishing, please visit our Facebook page.
- June 2014 - Did you see the feature article on Ellen Feld, her horses, and her books in the June issue of 'The Morgan Horse Magazine'?!
- September 2013 - A video has just been uploaded to YouTube that showcases our new foal (and future book star!) Rocket. Watch the video to see how this adorable young foal got his name!
- July 2013 - Justin Morgan and the Big Horse Race is now available from Amazon, the American Morgan Horse Association, local bookstores, etc. Signed copies may be purchased directly from this site's online store.
- March 2013 - Justin Morgan and the Big Horse Race heads off to the printer!
- November 2012 - Author Ellen Feld is interviewed by Reader Views about horses, her books, and Blackjack, her special Morgan Horse friend.
- October 2012 - Pidgy's Surprise wins a Moonbeam Children's Book Award!
- October 2012 - A nice new review for Pidgy's Surprise in Manga Manica Cafe
- June 2012 - A wonderful new review for Blackjack in Horse and Academy Magazine
- June 2012 - We had a book giveaway on our Facebook page and gained almost 1,000 "fans"! We're planning on several more fun contests so like our Facebook page and you could win!
- April 2012 - Author Ellen Feld joined two other local authors, Jeannine Atkins and Heidi E.Y. Stemple, at 'Authors Night' at the Greenfield Middle School. She reports that it was a LOT of fun and the kids were all great and very engaged. It's wonderful to see so much enthusiasm for local authors and books! Here's a blog post by author Jeannine Atkins on the event.
- April 2012 - We have a winner in our Photo Contest! Lots of GREAT entries, super photos, and a lot of fun. What could be better? Check out the contest results on our Facebook page. Click on the 'Photo Contest' icon at top.
- March 2012 - Enter our Photo Contest! You can submit your photos until March 31, 2012 and then come back and vote (and get all your friends to vote) for your favorites. Visit our Facebook page and click on the 'Photo Contest' tab in the left-hand column. Good luck!
- March 2012 - Pidgy's Surprise has been nominated for TWO awards! The awards are the Children's Moonbeam Awards and the USA Book News Award. We'll learn the results in November.
- March 2012 - Visit Blackjack and his friends on our Facebook page. See what the horses are up to, see up-to-date pictures, watch videos and meet upcoming stars for future books by visiting our Facebook page.
- February 2012 - Rusty sells out! Just a few copies left. If you'd like a first edition, use our order form to get your collector's copy. The new edition, which includes six new drawings, is at the printer's now and is scheduled for a late March/early April release.
- January 2012 - Author Ellen Feld speaks with "Author Access" about marketing children's books. You can learn more and listen to the podcast here.
- November 2011 - Announcing our brand new, limited edition book for true fans of the Morgan Horse series. Meet the Morgans is a visual treat, with over thirty photos of the real horses who were the inspriation for the stories. Click on the book cover to learn more.
- September 2011 - Check out the new ad for Pidgy's Surprise!
- September 2011 - We now accept all major credit cards! In a rush? Just call our office at 413-268-3461 to place your order. Orders are typically shipped the next business day.
- July 2011 - Check out our newest book, Justin Morgan and the Big Horse Race, scheduled for an early spring, 2012 release. We've just posted Justin's page where you can learn more about this book for early readers.
- July 2011 - Pidgy has been printed and is being shipped from Michigan to our warehouse in Massachusetts. It will be available for purchase in a few weeks. Check out Pidgy's page to learn more about this classic pony tale, originally published in 1955.
- April 2011 - Did you see our Easter mailing?
- April 2011 - Frosty is going on tour! No, not the horse, but the book, Frosty: The Adventures of a Morgan Horse. You can learn more by clicking on the jpg image of the blog tour:
- Jan. 2011 - Check out the new video for Shadow: The Curious Morgan Horse!
- Jan. 2011 - Amherst Farmers Supply, Amherst, Massachusetts is promoting their Facebook page with a photo of Rerun, the Miniature Horse and sidekick in the book Robin. Rerun recently did a book signing at the store and was invited in to say hi to all the customers.
- Feb. 2010 - Young Rider magazine features Rimfire in the "Fabulous Freebies" contest. The magazine is giving away five signed copies.
- Jan. 2010 - Rimfire: The Barrel Racing Morgan Horse is named one of the "Best New Products for 2010" by Tack'n Togs magazine. Tack 'n Togs is the magazine for those involved in the equine retail business. A panel of retail judges selected the best of the best. Winners were chosen from many categories from tack (saddles, halters, etc.) to clothing and gadgets. Rimfire was the only book among the winning products.
- Jan. 2010 - Author Ellen Feld interviewed on The Children Authors Show.com
- Nov. 2009 - Horsemen's Yankee Pedlar column featuring the new book Rimfire.
- Oct. 2009 - Rimfire is featured on the COVER of the regional publication Tri-State Horse!
Author Feld is interviewed on the Global Talk Radio Show "Calling All Authors." Click here to hear the interview (note that Feld's interview begins about 1/2 way through the mp3 file).
- Ellen Feld is interviewed by ReaderViews about her new book Rimfire.
- Ellen Feld is interviewed by Jennifer Walker for her blog, "A Cup of Coffee and a Good Book."
- Idea Girl, a blog that 'chronicles the steps and missteps of a D.I.Y. publisher,' talked to author Ellen Feld about her successes in the world of publishing. Read the interview
- Ellen Feld appears on radio show Speaking of Horses.
- In April, 2008, Blackjack and owner/author Ellen Feld traveled to northern Vermont to participate in Everything Equine, a popular New England Horse Expo. The event was held in conjunction with one of only four Breyer Model Horse tour events for 2008. Even the governor of Vermont stopped by to meet Blackjack! View pictures from the event here.
- Blackjack made a second trip to Equine Affaire as a special celebrity horse. This time he traveled to Columbus, OH, with owner Ellen Feld, in April, 2008. He spent most of his time in a display stall and then once a day appeared in the presentation ring with his owner, Mrs. Feld. Along with Hildago and Nevado Joe, Blackjack met the crowds and had fun showing off. View pictures from the event here.
- Annie wins a Reader Views Literary Award! Learn more on our awards page.
- Annie has been nominated for the Cybils Awards! Learn more on our awards page.
- Blackjack had a blast at Equine Affaire, November 8-11, 2007, seeing old friends and making lots of new ones.
- View the new announcement of our books on the homeschooling web site, The Link.
- SOLD OUT We have a limited number of Blackjack Breyer Model Horses, signed by the author Ellen Feld, available for purchase. These are sold packaged with a copy of the award-winning book Blackjack: Dreaming of a Morgan Horse. The book can also be signed and the author will add your name and a special message too. Cost is $45. plus $8.50 shipping/handling. These are sure to become collectibles, so if you enjoy Breyer Model Horses, don't wait till they're all gone! Email email@example.com for payment information.
- Meet Blackjack in the new video book trailer for the Morgan Horse series! Here's the YouTube version of the video:
- Author Ellen Feld appears on radio show "Today's Author."
- Blackjack and author Ellen Feld visit BreyerFest in Lexington, KY. View photos from the event!
- Author Ellen Feld interviewed on radio show 'Inside Scoop Live.' Listen to the podcast here.
- Young Rider magazine article about Blackjack and how he became a model horse.
- Author Ellen Feld interviewed on radio show 'Calling All Authors.'
- Ellen Feld and her horse Blackjack are featured in an article in The Daily Hampshire Gazette (article no longer available on their site).
- Author Ellen Feld recently appeared on the television show, 'The Book Authority.' The Book Authority is a weekly show airing on Connecticut Chanel 5. The host of the show is Brian Jud who specializes in Book Marketing. His website is http://www.bookmarketingworks.com/
- Meet the real Blackjack at BreyerFest!
- Horsemen's Yankee Pedlar column about the new Breyer Model Horse.
- Blackjack the star of the Morgan Horse series, is made into a Breyer Model Horse!
- Making Her Dream A Reality: Award-Winning Author Ellen Feld - Feature Article in the October issue of the national magazine, The Morgan Horse
Willow Bend Publishing P.O. Box 304 Goshen, MA 01032 413.268.3461 ph 413.268.0381 fax